Trying this again, all help appreciated.

Alright, this is going to be a forum with my experience trying this thing again. I've tried to get it to work multiple times throughout the years. I was a Kickstarter backer and super excited to try. I figured this was something that could only get better as phones and PC's got better, but apparently I was wrong. The only time I got it partially working was right when I got it, but I couldn't get a single game to run.

I figured I'd give this one more chance now that I've got another brand new PC and I can finally post in the forums. I can find no definitive guide so I'm basically going into this blind. I understand how the technology SHOULD work, I have a good understanding of my hardware, it's really just this software that I've never gotten working. I'm sorry there aren't specifics in this post yet, but I plan on updating it as I get going. Any tips and tricks would be appreciated. I'm happy to answer any questions about my setup. Thanks in advance.

Hardware:
PC - i7-10700 @2.9ghz, 16gb DDR4 ram, RTX 2070 super

Phone - LG G8thinQ, Android 10

Comments

• edited January 23
    Update 1: I guess you can't update original posts here, so I'll comment an update:

Installed NOLO Home on phone and PC. I got them communicating. Looks like Some of the components need to charge though. Is there a way to see how much battery they have? I feel like the very first NOLO PC app would show you if you plugged it in.

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong. You no longer have to have any components plugged into the PC? You can just plug the headset into the phone and go? Is this the best way to connect or is there a more secure way?

Anyway, I think I've managed to get Steam VR working, although I'm somehow sunken into the floor. I've also downloaded a game to test out using a Gamepad while my nolo controllers charge (Zaccaria Pinball) but everytime I launch it, I'm stuck in a VR Theatre with a screen that says "connecting to game." Anyone know what I'm missing? I'll try again once everything is charged up.
  • Update 2: What do you know, I finally got it to work. It's not bad, but the connection drops once in a while. Isn't there a wired way to use the system? I know there's the super long double USB cable and I remember being able to use it a few years ago, but so far I can only connect wirelessly.
  • @lentinoz
    Hi, thanks for your message. 
    Currently, NOLO HOME only supports streaming functions wirelessly. Could you please check if you update the firmware of all NOLO devices to the latest version? Also, you can send an email to support@nolovr.com for assistance. :)