PC wont recognize any NOLO peripherals

Hoping to find some help here; had my Nolo VR for 2 days now and have been completely unsuccessful in getting the Nolo driver on my PC to detect any of the Nolo peripherals (i.e. Base Station, Head Marker, Controllers).

I've done extensive testing and research from previous forum posts that come close to the same problems I am having here and still no luck.

I really want this to work out; I had high hopes for this Kickstarter project.

PC Setup:
  • Windows 7 Ultimate x64 OS; Formatted within the last few weeks so pretty clean.
  • Nolo Driver 0.7.20170710; non-ceiling mount
  • Riftcat 1.3.4
  • SteamVR
VR Setup:
  • Samsung Gear VR (B016OFYGXQ)
  • Samsung Note 5
  • VRidge for Gear VR
Attempted USB Cable Setups:
  1. With Base Station wireless: Nolo supplied 4m cable; PC to HMD using all black cable, striped cable to Gear VR = No Peripherals detected by driver
  2. With Base Station wireless: Nolo supplied 4m cable; PC to HMD using all black cable, striped cable not plugged in = No peripherals detected by driver
  3. With Base Station wireless: Self supplied 4m Micro USB cable; PC to HMD = No peripherals detected by driver
  4. With Base Station wireless: Self supplied 3m USB extension cable connected to Nolo supplied squid cable; one micro usb terminal plugged into HMD = No peripherals detected
  5. Test Cases 1-4 reproduced but with USB connected to powered USB hub as opposed to PC = no peripherals detected
  6. Test Cases 1-4 reproduced but with Base Station plugged into PC via micro USB cable = Base Station detected by driver, no other peripherals detected
  7. Test Cases 1-4 reproduced but with Base Station plugged into wall outlet via Nolo supplied wall adapter and self supplied micro USB cable =  No peripherals detected
Additional Information:
  • PC restarted multiple times in an attempt to refresh USB connections
  • Nolo driver restarted with every test case
  • All Nolo peripherals are synced up and hold a steady green led.  Multiple peripheral syncs have been attempted, all appear to have been successful.
  • If I ignore the Nolo driver and launch Riftcat and SteamVR; SteamVR will detect a base station, but no head marker or controllers.
Any help this community can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Solved my problem!  Turns out that the NOLO driver was configured for VISTA compatibility by default for some weird reason.  I changed this to Windows 7 compatibility and then the driver immediately and automatically detected all peripherals!!

Just finished playing a round of Skeet: VR Target Shooting on SteamVR; amazing!

My functional Set up just in case someone else is having the same issues:
    • Base station wireless
    • Head tracker connected to PC via supplied NOLO 4m USB cable; all black cable plugged into the head tracker
    • I first make sure the NOLO driver is running and all peripherals are green
    • Then I run RIFTCAT on PC
    • Then I run VRIDGE for Gear VR on mobile device
    • Then I plug mobile device into my Gear VR
    • Then once RIFTCAT detects the mobile device I click play steam games
    • Then I put the VR headset on my face and play away
    Good luck to anyone else having issues!
  • Good to hear you got it working!