Trackpad need update for Steamvr

edited August 2 in General
The trackpad not emulation the vive trackpad all way when you move your finger to top of the trackpad it not  touch the top of it so they trackpad in nolo vr driver need to be scale down little more trackpad then it be fine 

Comments

• This was very oddly worded, but yes absolutely, the touchpad needs some attention.  The Nolo touchpad does not map properly to the Vives!  Nolo Please Fix <3
  • This is something that can be fixed in whatever driver/app is using Nolo. Multiply trackpad value by a factor (let's say 1.1 to bring edges in 10%), then truncate the resulting value so it doesn't go outside the -1 to 1 range of acceptable (to SteamVR) values. Will do this in a future version of my driver.
  • @iVRy Eyyyy, I'd totally jump ship from RiftCat if you fixed some of these software probs we're all experiencing with the official method.  If you're saying you have a whole separate driver, I'm just worried about ceiling mounted support.  That's the only way I like using Nolo as I don't have to worry about facing one direction the whole time

Also side note I only use Android so that's also an issue :P
  • @Ghostmij17 ; I have added Nolo support to my SteamVR driver for my mobile HMD software. It still uses the (user installed) LYRobotix software and drivers for the NoloVR hardware and doesn't actually contain any LYRobotix files at all (it finds the location of the Nolo software and dynamically loads the driver files it finds there). So, it isn't dependent on a particular version of the Nolo software or DLLs, it takes what it can find. So, I don't expect it would have a problem with ceiling mounted base stations as long as the Nolo software supports them.

I'd love to just wave a wand and have a market-ready Android version out there for everyone to play with, but I'm a single developer working on multiple projects simultaneously so can't work miracles. I also don't really buy into "beta culture", so am not interested in releasing half-baked solutions which are then developed into working products after they are already in the market. Android is very important for me to get done ASAP for a lot of reasons (none have got anything to do with Nolo), so rest assured you'll have a chance to jump ship as soon as is humanly possible... :wink: