How accurate does positional tracking feel for you.

For me it feels like if I move 3ft in the real world it equals 5 inches in the virtual world. It also feels pre-defined. As if moving forward equals moving an analog stick forward.

Comments

• I measured the tracking results (in fractions of meters) with a ruler and I'd say they're pretty accurate. It does depend on what is reading those results and what they're doing with them, but the hardware and Nolo SDK is providing accurate results.

• Thanks for the response. Really struggling with the setup.
  • @Failrunner ; How the real space vs virtual space matches up is dependent on whatever software you're using (eg. SteamVR driver) having the distortion for the lenses of your HMD set up correctly.
  • THIS FEELS 0 PERCENT ACCURATE. WHY? BECAUSE ITS A SCAM. IVE TRIED TO GET IT WORKING FOR WEEKS HAVENT MADE ANY PROGRESS AND HAVE THROWN AWAY MY ENTIRE NOLO SYSTEM.

WHY? BECAUSE ITS NOT MEANT TO WORK. ITS A SCAM. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, BUY AN OCULUS. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

• edited August 6
    @lestyone did you try it in mobile mode with the NOLOTetris app? Assuming you have an Android.

It's not a scam and I am sorry to hear it was not working for you, but for desktop VR I agree the Oculus is going to be a much better purchase at its On Sale price.
  • Its 100000% a scam. I dont need this product to play tetris in mobile mode.

That's not what this product is for.

I didnt spend 300 to play tetris. 
  • edited August 6
    If it works in mobile mode then the NOLO is not the issue, but rather the PC setup and possibly software or driver conflicts
  • Look around you, people are posting nothing but how it doesnt work. and I plan to spread the message.

• Haha that's because you dont count the people who it does work for, like me / Daley Tech / Asim Omar / VR Man / other people posting videos
  • Yeah I dont count people who are involved in the SCAM and using other VR systems to pretend it works for them
  • @letysone Please, tell me that you are joking about the other VR system shit... please!! because, i get it working (with some hickups, don't gone a lie you), and some other people too... so maybe the problem is related to your phone/pc/router/enviroment/you...
  • Between this and the fake moon landing I don't know what to think anymore. =`( Lol.
  • edited August 6
    @Lestyone I guess you've got to ask yourself what outcome you're after. If it's to have a working VR setup using NoloVR it would probably be better to make a post listing the issues you're experiencing, including what your setup is, what you've tried etc. and most likely someone here will have experienced something similar and may be able to help you. There's no conspiracy going on, just a bunch of people trying to get their stuff working. Once they do, I expect they don't come here much... :wink:

If you read through the posts I've made on this site, I don't think you'd draw the conclusion that I'm "part of the conspiracy", or working for LYRobotix. I can tell you that it is mostly working (apart from a few software bugs that are being worked on) and that there's nothing inherently wrong with the hardware (which let's face it, if they were going to scam you they'd just send you a box of sand!).
  • @iVRy I was just joking. I don't think there's a conspiracy. Lol.
  • @Lestyone and I have been troubleshooting over Facebook, making some progress although we're having some controller latency issues right now!
  • @bigelowed Which Facebook page?
  • Private messaging. So far our best help has been re-pairing everything
  • Wow that's rough.
  • Yeah, any idea what might cause laggy controllers? We are going to try a mobile app to see if it's a PC/RiftCat issue
  • edited August 6
    @bigelowed ; The most basic test (ie. eliminate the most variables) is to use the visualisation part of the Nolo PC software.
  • Well that's the thing, even that is having controller latency, so we're testing on mobile to see if it's a PC issue or a NOLO hardware / environmental issue
  • edited August 7
    I just decided to re-install the nolo drivers and most of my issues have been quarantined. Finally got to enjoy this thing for a few hrs instead of cursing at it. The only issues i'm having now are the constant room setup issue, and the weight of the cable causing a disconnect if i'm not careful. I wrapped the cable around the headset straps and it doesn't happen until I take the headset off but I don't know why they included such a massive cable(as far as weight goes).