Is there any way to track progress of updates?

edited August 13 in General
Besides being on this forum is there anyway to see what we can look forward to with the updates for nolos sdk and such. For non devs who are nit in talks with nolo meaning. Really interested in seeing the feedback and what gets agreed to and worked on in an open setting. Right now I have my Nolo stored away because I wanna use it when the experience is optimal with the new updates. I haven't been able to use the gear vr with the vridge app because it seems the devs may be struggling with the usb passthrough on the headset. Not sure. Thanks.

Comments

• You can always keep an eye on what's going on on their Github repository but for a non-programmer that might be a bit confusing. Otherwise, this forum is where most of the interaction happen.

I haven't been able to use the gear vr with the vridge app because it seems the devs may be struggling with the usb passthrough on the headset.

Currently, the only way to use the GearVR is with the headset marker connected to the PC with the provided 4m cable. There is no need for the USB passthrough. Unless you're referring to tethering, in which case it's a hardware limitation and it's simply not possible. When running with the GearVR you have to use your Wifi connection for data. (You can also use a wired USB-C Ethernet adapter if you have the newer headset, the black one, and a USB-C phone.)
  • Thanks. I jave a basic understanding of what people are talking about over there. Not the specific processes but I get what the issues they are tring to solve are. Anyways by usb passthrough I was talking about using the headset marker plugged into the gear vr instead of the pc. I spoke to the devs of riftcat and they said they were working on trying to get the gear vr to work correctly with the headset marker but they didn't sound very confident in getting it working. My usb cable always disconnects so it makes tge experience unusable. Thanks for responding.
  • The people at Riftcat didn't have the newer GearVR with the external USB connector so they couldn't test it. Seeing as most of the demos from the NOLO team are using the GearVR with the marker plugged into it, I have no doubt that it does work. (I'm also able to connect the headset marker to VirtualHere from within the GearVR so I know the data can pass through.)
  • I know it can but when I do it I get bugs so I can't do it properly which is what I thought may be the issue. Not sure. Just hoping it can be done in a useable fashion. =)