No connection at all. Did I got a faulty device?

Got my NoloVR yesterday (impressive fast delivery).
Installed the driver, did the pairing, plugged into my skylake / 1080ti pc. All leds green but no connection.
Tried original 4m, 2m, 1m cable. Tried Win10 64bit, Win 8.1 and on a Win7 laptop. All the same: Green leds - no connection. An "Unknown USB device" in device manager pops up, when I plug the headtracker in.
Does the driver not properly install for some reason or is my unit just faulty?
How should the driver/device show up in device manager normally?
Any advise would be very appreciated.

Comments

• When you force to update the driver in the "unknown usb device", what happen? Also, try to plug the controllers to the pc and check how they report...
    And what is shown in the nolo icon to the lower right? Try the update process of the fimrware, to check if it's recogniced and which version of firmware have (BUT DON'T UPDATE YET). Just report here....
  • edited January 8
    Thanks for the quick reply!

When you force to update the driver in the "unknown usb device", what happen?
    Then it says "Windows already installed the latest drivers" (or something like that).
    I uninstalled that driver (which dated year 2006!) and until now it didn't show up again.
    By the way that "Unknown USB-device) popped up under "USB-Controllers".
    I noticed when I plug the headmarker in I will get 3 USB devices showing up under "Human Interface Devices" one of them a "barcode scanner" (interesting).
    I wonder what would be a normal device manager behavior with a proper driver installation / working hardware.

Also, try to plug the controllers to the pc and check how they report...
    Did that. No connection in Nolo menu.

And what is shown in the nolo icon to the lower right?
    Grey icon. 

Try the update process of the fimrware, to check if it's recogniced and which version of firmware have.
    Firmware check recognizes everything just fine. All pieces are up to date (2.0 / 2.1 Since I ordered the kit January 1st they all got the latest firmware). 

Additional findings:
    After installing/removing the latest driver (0.12) over and over again I gave V0.10 a try. Still no connection BUT when I connect the base via USB I got a green Nolo icon and the base is indicated as connected (but nothing else). This behavior solves nothing for now but at least gives me some hope that maybe this frustrating problem will be somehow solvable. I then started the driver autoupdate from the Nolo menu ending up with 0.12 again, grey nolo icon again and the cable connected base would now be shown as not connected again.

Any other ideas??
  • Hi @tothebone

Please turn on the devices (double-check they have completed pairing as all LEDs in green) - 

i. please try to connect using any other functioning 1m usb cable, and let us know the color of nolo icon, as well as the connection status of devices from the menu bar; 

ii. please also try to install the 'NOLOTetris' on the phone - a mobile VR game at https://www.nolovr.com/apps/ ; launch the game to play in mobile VR mode (mobile vr mode tutorial at https://www.nolovr.com/android-mobile-vr), and please let us know the performance. 

Thanks! 
  • @tothebone

Also, when connecting a device to the PC (e.g. headset marker), normal device manager behavior would be: 
     - 1 USB device, 
     - 1 'barcode scanner' 
    showing up under 'Human Interface Devices'. 

Some of the devices may only show up as '1 USB device'. If the 'barcode scanner' ever shows up in any of the devices when connecting to PC, it would be normal. If 'barcode scanner' never shows up, that might be a problem. 
  • Thank you for looking into my problem. Very much appreciate that.

All LEDs are green, so pairing is ok. Tried a 0.5 m cable, icon stays gray, no connection. Recognizing devices for firmware update works.

Unfortunately I have no android device to try the mobile option.

How should I proceed from here?
  • Hi @tothebone , we would like to do a remote assistance via Teamviewer to troubleshoot the issue. If it works for you, please send us your preferred time slots, the teamviewer id, password to support@nolovr.com . 
  • Good idea, thanks!
    Will contact you as soon as I've set up teamviewer.