NOLO Development Schedule (update monthly)

edited May 10 in General

Starting this month, we'll be sharing our development schedule and updating here on a monthly basis, covering major aspects that our development team are focusing on in the specific month. You may check out the detailed listing accordingly and feel free to send us any comments and thoughts!  

============================================= 

NOLO development schedule for May 2018

I. Working on a refined PC desktop software named NOLO Assistant (first version), main features include: 
    a. Checking battery status of NOLO device by simply plugging in the device to PC; 
    b. Providing the most up-to-date and detailed tutorials for setting up NOLO and Mobile VR headsets with PC for SteamVR play, streaming software is required (For PC VR headset users, please follow the tutorials on NOLO official website);

II. Working on a new version of NOLO HOME for 6-DoF Mobile VR play, main features added: 
    a. Supporting Gear VR headset (2016 or newer). 

Comments

• If it is at all possible (I expect it would take new firmware), I suggest increasing the tracking updates from 60Hz to at least 120Hz (200-240Hz is better). At 60Hz, it's simply too slow.
  • Hi Ivan!! The limit of 60hz is imposed by the speed of ultrasound. Reaching  4mt with ultrasound takes around 16 mili seconds... so don´t expect any update there...
  • (not Ivan): The speed of sound says you would take 11ms for 4m (90Hz). But that's only part of the tracking (distance), position is done by IR-LED. I'm pretty sure that the distance can be interpolated at a higher frequency (as ultrasound is not very accurate anyway, I'd imagine it only is used as a 'sanity check' on the IR tracking).