New version of iVRy (1.12) available. Use your phone as a SteamVR VR HMD for your PC.

What is iVRy?

iVRy is an app for your iOS or Android device that lets you use your device, with a compatible Google Cardboard-type VR headset, as a VR headset for SteamVR and Oculus Rift* PC VR titles. In conjunction with NoloVR, iVRy is able to provide full 6DOF HMD tracking and 6DOF motion controllers.

Full NoloVR support is built into the iVRy SteamVR driver. The iVRy driver is compatible with the NoloVR Windows Driver and NoloVR Assistant, but does not require any NoloVR software to be installed.

The iVRy SteamVR driver adds a settings UI to the SteamVR dashboard, that can be used to configure the mobile app and the driver, and is fully compatible with NoloVR touch controls, as well as Steam supported gamepads.

iOS app on App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ivry/id1210129937

Android app on Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mediator_software.ivry

The app requires an updated driver for SteamVR, which can be downloaded from:

https://tinyurl.com/ivry-hmd-svr

* Using LibreVR ReVive

Comments

• Hi!! I´ve trying again your app, but disables my Windows Mixed Reality HMD... Any advise?
  • Perhaps you are using a very old version of the iVRy driver? Or perhaps whatever is going wrong is not related to the iVRy driver? Just tested with latest iVRy and Windows MR drivers without issue.

SteamVR loads HMD drivers alphabetically, so if you have the app running on the phone (and the phone unlocked etc.) then the iVRy driver will connect to the phone and stop any other HMD drivers from loading. If this is the case, you'll find the same 'issue' whenever you try to connect multiple HMDs to SteamVR at the same time. Only one can be active.
  • Controller touch pad or system button power button trigger works. But it does not spin, it just does not spin. The controller moves in the state that it is fixed to the front.
  • hello 1.13 I use the latest driver, but I want version 1.12. The successful person is called version 1.12.
  • @namehotang I have no idea what you mean by "does not spin". Due to a bug in the NoloVR firmware/USB driver, you need to face the base unit and double-click the system buttons on each of the controllers to get the controller and headset tracking to align properly (for some reason NoloVR defaults to tracking at 90 degrees to the base station). I've given up trying to get NoloVR to fix bugs in their hardware/software, they pretty much ignore any bug reports I send them. Maybe @admin or @hettylool can comment on this. There is no going backwards in terms of drivers, each new (major) version adds new features to the protocol which the new app versions require. If you run an older driver against a newer app, you'll have bits of the app disabled, and you'll get constant warnings about updating the driver.

It serves everyone better if you report bugs in the driver (like for instance why do you want to use 1.12 instead of 1.13?) so they get fixed and the product improves for everyone.
  • The rift cat succeeded. But I feel that ivry's performance is better. However, the controller does not function properly. It is probably a usb hid file.
  • My computer does not properly grab the base station from the old driver version of the nolo assistant. So the controller can not move freely. ivry seems to be using the nolo driver rather than the nolo assistant. So it does not work on my computer.
  • @namehotang ; Unless you have some reason to run the Nolo Assistant software (I can't think of one), then you're better off uninstalling it. iVRy doesn't need any Nolo software installed, everything needed to communicate with the Nolo hardware is shipped with the iVRy driver. I'll look at whether there are issues with the Nolo Assistant (I generally find Nolo software needs to be disabled for things to work properly). In any case, there's no difference between any versions of the iVRy driver in this regard, so downgrading to an older version isn't going to help you at all.
  • @namehotang ; Please send me the vrserver.txt file. You can find it in the 'logs' directory inside your Steam installation (usually 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam').

Please also include the make and model of your phone, as well as the OS version.

https://www.facebook.com/iVRy.VR/