Notification for Pimax users! Please do not UPDATE the firmware []-)

Recently, we received many requests of Pimax users to downgrade the firmware of their controllers and the headset marker. 
As the latest firmware of NOLO CV1 is not compatible with Pimax 4K. If you update the firmware, your controllers will not work normally. (Then you definitely need a downgrade of them.) 
Please do not update the firmware until we announce the compatibility of latest firmware with Pimax. 

We hope you enjoy your NOLO!

Comments

• I was one of the unfortunate who did the update and my controllers were double. Thanks to Nolo support, everything has been fixed and my NOLO is working now wonderfully with my Pimax4k!
  • edited January 23
  • @rusi ;will have to wait for solutions, because both companies have compatibility problems, even when both have an SDK to support compatibility
  • What I am wondering is, If it was a product that wasn't compatible from the beginning, i can understand it.
    But, Pimax did not update. Nolo has been updated.
    if the compatible product is not compatible after the Nolo firmware update, I think it's weird. 
    Am I strange? ^^;; 
  • It's just they update everything without testing,a  REALLY BAD way to do... Pimax broken, trinusPSVR broken, What are you trying to do Nolo... like... seriously ? :/
    For PSVR I'm not worried, Trinus is working for correct everything even if it's completely the Nolo fault, and Ivry will release the full version soon, both will be compatible with the last Nolo firmware... but no thanks to Nolo :/ 
  • More than 8,000 Pimax 5k, 8k products are currently shipping in progress.
    If you add up to general sales, it will be more than 10,000 units.
    This product has no controller yet.
    The solution is to buy expensive "vive" products, or buy "NOLO".
    "NOLO" it worked well, but updated it and it is not compatible.
    for that reason, The buyer will withhold the purchase due to incompatibility.
    Or "PiMax 5k, 8k" buyer buys and updates "NOLO", the downgrade staff will be overworked with remote assistance.
    "PiMax 5k, 8k" If buyer wants to buy "NOLO", please solve it quickly.

My opinion has ended here.
  • For the headsets that have their own drivers, how we work together is to provide them our latest SDK and they integrate it into their own software, like PiMax, DPVR and Emdoor VR.

Before we released our latest firmware, we have sent our latest SDK to Pimax team in advance and asked them whether they could integrate the updates in Piplay, so that the 4K&NOLO users could improve their experience. They replied that they needed to consider it and didn't provide an ETA for that. 

After that, we released our latest firmware about two months ago. 

Recently, we received their email said they want us to modify some of their files to be compatible with our latest firmware. We may not be able to do so as this is not the way we used to work together and we are not familiar with their codes. 

Hope you guys could understand our position. 
  • What's the best firmware go to?
  • @PeaceLight Hi, if you're using Pimax, please keep your CV1 firmware unchanged.
  • please update firmware compatible to pimax 8k!
  • @연도사 ;when for Pimax 4k will be compatible?!
  • @admin Pimax team are no longer willing to support Pimax 4k. Leaving community in the dark.
  • @admin I need help in downgrading my Nolo firmware.
  • @yishihara Hi, please send us your preferred time slot between 10:00-18:00 UTC+8 Mon-Fri with your teamviewer ID and password to support@nolovr.com. 
  • @admin, thanks for helping to downgrade the firmware. I have to say though that with the previous firmware, Nolo is basically unplayable with Beat Saber since there are serious issues with the rotation drift of the controllers. Please develop firmware that is backwards compatible and actually works with Pimax if you are going to put Pimax in the compatible devices. Or at least, if possible, provide a separate firmware update that fixes the rotation drift that is compatible with the Pimax devices.
  • @yishihara Thanks for your message. As we update the firmware, Pimax needs to integrate the updated SDK to their software. I'm not sure if you understand this issue. But we cannot do anything if they cannot update the SDK to your software.