Confused, NOLO assistant or NOLO home, which is the right one??

I want to use NOLO with TrinusPSVR, so I need to install NOLO home or NOLO assistant??  A lot of the posted links seem to be dead.

The version of assistant I found is chinese only and I can't figure out how to use it.
I'm not sure if NOLO home is the right one to use with TrinusPSVR.

Can someone post current links for both and tell me which one I should be using?

Comments

• Forgot to say, with NOLO homeI have only been able to get the headset tracker to work.  So far neither of the controllers are recognized when I'm using TrinusPSVR and STEAM.

Also, none of the screens I see when trying to setup NOLO HOME match what is in your setup guide.  For example there is no place where I can choose "PSVR + trinus"
  • Ok, I spent a lot of time on this....the Nolo_WPFAssistant_Setup1.1.18 file pointed to by most of your links (http://download.nolovr.com/download/noloassistant.html) has an all Chinese installer.  Luckily Google Translate could translate the text well enough that I could tell it was installing but it then put up a Chinese error page and would not run for me.  I later found the older version at (http://download.nolovr.com/download/NOLOASSISTANT_Setup.exe) which installed and started up successfully but did not recognize the controllers and base unit.  Inside the "gear" icon it said to update to 1.1.18 I went ahead and did this and now it works.

Not sure why the update from 1.1.14 to 1.1.18 worked but a straight install of 1.1.18 failed.  This was extremely frustrating, suggest you check into it.

Maybe tomorrow I can actually play a game, too tired now.
  • There is still one problem, head tilt up/down is reversed!  I tried the invert x in Trinus, no change.  To be clear, you tilt your head up and it looks down, tilt your head down and it looks up.

I checked it in the "visualizer" in NOLO Assistant and it is the same there.  Left/right turning seems ok.
  • @Greg_Corson Thanks for your messages. 
    In the setting of the NOLO Assistant, the language can be switched. 

May I check with you that the NoloVR has been ticked in the Main tab?

Here is the tutorial of how to play SteamVR games with PSVR + NOLO CV1. 
    https://www.nolovr.com/psvr?treeid=tutorial_2_6
    Please try this and update with us. 
  • I fixed the reverse problem,tracker was mounted wrong.

one problem remains, trinuspsvr will crash with an access violation from a few seconds to a few minutes after starting the vr app.  I tried running it as admin, but still happens.  Any idea what to try next?
  • @Greg_Corson Thanks for your update. We tried to contact Trinus about this issue, but haven't got their feedback yet. 
  • I tried running everything in admin mode, the first try ran about 15 minutes, then TrinusPSVR crashed.  Restarted everything and tried again, it crashed in about 1 minute.  The only errors are in the windows 10 event viewer.

First there is an event 1026 from .Net
    Application: TrinusPSVR.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException

Then there is an event 1000 from TrinusPSVR
    Faulting application name: TrinusPSVR.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b86972a
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0163d52b
    Faulting process id: 0x6e0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d49d35b39823bc
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TrinusPSVR\TrinusPSVR.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: e6b6fdcc-6e04-40aa-af15-ecef866d9054
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Then I tried shutting down NOLO and running TrinusPSVR with just PSVR tracking and SteamVR.  I let this run for about 15 minutes, no problems.  Of course I couldn't do much without controllers.

Then I turned on NOLO assistant but kept Trinus PSVR using the PSVR (not NOLO) head tracker.Played with google earth VR for about 5 minutes, still no problems.

Restarted Trinus, NOLO and SteamVR, this time with NOLO head tracking turned back on in TrinusPSVR.  In a little over a minute TrinusPSVR crashed with the same errors as shown above.

Based on this, I think the problem is obviously has something to do with NOLO head tracker and the way it talks to TrinusPSVR.  I could only get the crash when TrinusPSVR was using NOLO head tracking.

I am using a paid-for version of TrinusPSVR version 0.9.8b (downloaded 2 days ago) and NOLO assistant V1.1.18 with CV1 hardware.  Windows 10 pro version 1803 as of 5/22/2018 OS build 17134.472

I have run microsoft's .NET validation tool and it says my .NET is ok.

Hope you can help with this...I really want to play some games!

• We're all in the same situation... that's untolerable...
    Three solutions : 

- Trinus update it
    - Nolo change the way it talk with TrinusVR
    - Using old drviers of Nolo CV1 as I saw somewhere... haven't tried yet and don't really want to downgrade my nolo for that...

Really, it's christmas, we bought it and can't use it that much, if trinus don't do anything, do something by yourself Nolo please...
  • According to https://www.reddit.com/r/psvrhack the problem is caused by a nolo update.