NOLO redistributing copyrighted iVRy files without permission

LYROBOTIX is in violation of international copyright laws by distributing PSVR monitor files that it has stolen from the iVRy driver. As per the copyright notice in the file:

; Copyright (c) Mediator Software.  All rights reserved.

Please cease distribution of NOLO HOME 1.11 immediately.

Comments

• edited April 4
    The copyright on the file is on the binary information contained therein, so editing the file to remove the Mediator Software copyright will be taken as further illegal action (to conceal).

The NOLO HOME software also contains the DRVINST.EXE driver installer, which was developed by and is copyrighted by Mediator Software. The inclusion of this software is SOFTWARE PIRACY.

• LYROBOTIX have ceased distribution of NOLO HOME 1.11 as requested.
  • We're investigating on this issue. 
    We have deleted all the relevant posts about the NOLO HOME version 1.11. 
    And the NOLO HOME version 1.11 has been removed from the official website.
    We will not release any version of NOLO HOME until we finish investigating. 
  • LYROBOTIX is still using stolen PSVR monitor drivers. This time they removed the copyright to try to hide what they have done. I will be taking legal action against this if LYROBOTIX does not remove this software immediately.
  • Whoever did this is very dumb. There are binary signatures in the files that I created. So they edited some information but left my binary signature. I can prove I created the binary, and they never asked for permission to use it (or even apologised for using it without permission).
  • edited April 4

We suggest you completely uninstall the installed NOLO HOME and clear the residual files. 

Download the NOLO HOME again from the following link: 

http://download.nolovr.com/download/NOLO_HOME_Setup1.11.12.zip

There is no infringement issue in this version.

NOLO are using open source code and NOLO's own development capabilities to provide users with a more convenient way to use NOLO CV1 and PSVR.

As a technology company, NOLO understands the importance of intellectual property and respects every intellectual property from a technical perspective.

If you have any questions, please communicate with us.

• The Nolo PSVR monitor drivers are "derived works" of the iVRy PSVR monitor drivers. In the case of open source software, there are various rules (depending on the license invoked on the work) with regards to "derived works". My software is not open source and I have given no license to LYROBOTIX to produce "derived works" of my copyrighted materials.

• @iVRy ;now NoloHome has stopped working altogether. Perpetual auto-update and blocking use
  • What the hey ?
  • edited April 5
    Basically LYROBOTIX is saying that by deleting my copyright notice, they are avoiding copyright infringement. That's not how copyright works. The following file comparison and the fact that the version they published a few hours before this was an exact copy is enough to prove copyright infringement. Notice the 2nd EDID_OVERRIDE section which is a signature I put in, that they have copied verbatim (without understanding its purpose). They claim they developed the version you see here was developed using their "own development capabilities" in the few hours between my "cease and desist" and their update.

They have proven that they are a dishonest company, first by stealing intellectual property, and then by lying and concealing. Let's see how that works out for them...

• edited April 5
    Nolo, you should REALLY stop right now, cause if that continue, you'll definitely lose futur clients...
    I was waiting for making some advertises on a lot of new way, waiting for a perfect cohesion between Ivry and NOLO functionalities, and you just destroyed everything.

We wait, as consumers, for apologies to ivry, and an immediate cease of that shit.

We love your product, but right now, I don't want to promote the company even if that help users to do more things with their PSVR.

I hope for you (and for consumers) that Ivry will continue to make sure that the NOLO CV1 continue to works great with Ivry solution, because that story will stay in the PSVR Hacking history.
  • For what iVRy said, we did have such issue in versions 1.11.9 and 1.11.11. We are deeply sorry and urgently put the software offline. The latest version that went on online has nothing to do with the iVRy. We hope to communicate properly with iVRy but it has not been reached. For the version 1.11.12, there are nothing regards to this issue. In order to completely disassociate the relationship with this issue, we went online another version last night (version 1.11.13) which is completely different from the iVRy implementation method.  In addition, the controversial file is relevant to parameter information of PSVR and has nothing to do with the core code. Even so, we apologize to iVRy. NOLO is committed to providing users with more cost-effective hardware and easier-to-use free software, without intention to infringe and steal anyone's hard work.
  • @admin Do not forget that you have a legal (and moral) obligation to provide the source code of all open source derived software in use by your company, on request. I have formally requested that source code. Your choices are to provide the source code, or to stop distributing software based on it.
  • I have checked the latest release of Nolo HOME and can confirm that the files LYROBOTIX/NOLO used and modified without permission are no longer present.