Headset not visible

I just got a Pimax5k. I had a pimax4k before and NOLO was working fine. I was hoping it will continue to work, but it seems it doesn't work properly in steamVR

I cannot calibrate using room setup in Steam VR as it is complaining that "Headset Not Visible".
but SteamVR is showing my controllers in green and the base station too saying "the base station is currently tracking". All the leds are green on the headset tracker and the controllers.
NOLO Home is showing all the NOLO CV1 devices connected. And in NOLO Toolkit, I can use the NOLO_PC Self-test tool to see that the tracking is working, it is following my head movement and I can see the controllers.

If I try to calibrate with Pimax, it can see the headset and the controllers, but it is saying that they are not tracking. It seems the Nolo is returning something confusing for the other tools, saying that it is not tracked while being tracked...

Can you help?

Comments

• @zyx Thanks for your message. May I know if you're running NOLO HOME and the Pitool at the same time? This two software cannot run together. 
  • zyxzyx
    edited July 22
    Thank you for your quick answer. No, I don't run them at the same time. I run separatly SteamVR, Nolo Home and PiTool (I check if they are stopped in the task manager).
    Both SteamVR and PiTools can see the headset and the controllers, but when it comes to the calibration/room setup setup, they are both saying that they are not tracking
  • @zyx Thanks for your update. Are you able to do the orientation calibration and height calibration by using the NOLO methods? 
    Height calibration: Place the headset marker (with the headset) on the floor, make sure the base station can "see" the headset marker, then press the pair button on the headset marker to calibrate the height. The LED won't change after you pressed that button.
    Orientation calibration: Straighten your arms, hold the controllers on each hand and put your hands together, pointing the controllers to the base station. With your headset marker facing the base station, double click the system button on each controller to calibrate the orientation.

• Yes, I can follow the steps above, but nothing special is happening. I am not sure if I am supposed to stqrt this calibration from, somewhere in NOLO Home.
    Today, weh I restarted NOLO I got this message:The current firmware version of the NOLO devices is inconsistent.
    Please update the base station, the headset marker and the controllers to the latest version. If the firmware has already been updated, please pair the devives before
    "
    I cannot update them as I am using PiMaxx.

• zyxzyx
    edited July 24
    Yes, I can follow the steps above, but nothing special is happening. I am not sure if I am supposed to start this calibration from, somewhere in NOLO Home, I didn't find any equivalent to room setup in Nolo home.
    Yesterday, when I restarted NOLO I got this message:The current firmware version of the NOLO devices is inconsistent. Please update the base station, the headset marker and the controllers to the latest version. If the firmware has already been updated, please pair the devives before use."

• @zyx Hi, thanks for your update. Please try to re-pair your NOLO devices. You can do the calibration anytime once you turned on the NOLO devices. 
  • zyxzyx
    edited August 9
    I was away for 2 weeks and I am just coming back. I did obviously re-pair the NOLO devices many times but this didn't "repair" them. Any other advice? I will try to follow all the steps again later today.
  • @zyx Hi, after you paired them, did the message of "The current firmware version of the NOLO devices is inconsistent” still exist? I may suggest you to try a different version of the Pitool. For this issue, you may need to check with Pimax support. 
  • @admin After the successful pairing (all green), if I start Nolo Home (not pitool), I get the message:
    "The current firmware version of the NOLO devices is inconsisten. Please update the base station, the headset marker and the controllers to the latest version. If the firmware has already been updated, please pair the devices before use.
    Cautions: Updated devices can be only... (text is cut in the window)"
    See screenshot
    I could press the update button, but NOLO do not recommend to update the firmware for PImax users.
  • zyxzyx
    edited August 17
    @admin If I start SteamVR and I try to setup a room this is what I get:

It is saying that the headset is not visible, while Steam seems to detect the headset and Nolo. If I look into the headset, it is black.
    If I kill the process NoloServer.exe, then I see things again in the headset, but obviously no Nolo devices... But I can setup the room in SteamVR as the headset is detected again.

• Nolo home is messing with openvrpaths.vrpath file.
    It is in C:/Users/<yourUserName>/AppData/Local/openvr
    Open it in notepad and remove everything that is not 
    "C:\\Program Files\\Pimax\\SteamVRSupport\\drivers\\aapvr" from the "external_drivers" brackets.
    Do not use nolo home if you are trying to use it with pimax. If you own a 4k you shouldn't upgrade your nolo firmware as new firmware is not compatible. If you own a 5k or 8k then if you can send your nolo back to seller, the admin said it wasn't compatible.
  • zyxzyx
    edited August 18
    Thanks @RugbyGoth for your advice.
    I modified the openvrpaths.vrpath by removing the duplicate reference to Nolo path. The benefits of that is that the duplicate controllers disappear. But no changes in detecting the headset.
    If ever I unplug the USB connection to NOLO headset market, then my headset is immediatly detected. If I replug NOLO, then my headset cannot be detected. Like if NOLO is preventing to detect the headset.
    I have Pimax5k and 4k, and it is the same problem. But NOLO was working some months ago with 4k.

• If I run the NOLO_PC Self-test tool, it can detect the NOLO devices (see screenshot below)

• @zyx Hi, thanks for your update. May I check with you if you connect the base station to your PC via USB cable? 
  • @admin The base station is not connected to the PC.The base station is connected via the USB cable provided in the NOLO box, directly to the power supply.
    Only the headset market is connected to the PC via USB cable.
  • @admin I think I have no other options left than to do the update of the firmware of devices, eventhough it is not recommended for Pimax users.
  • edited August 27
    @zyx Hi, have you contacted Pimax support to check the version of Pitool? 
    And please make sure that when you're running Pitool, don't run NOLO HOME at the same time. 
  • edited August 29
    I have same problem!
    (I'm Pimax4 pro user. i had work fine at least 5 month ago)

My opinion is "It looks PIMAX HMD and NOLO is bumped!"
    Because When i unpluged NOLO HEAD MARKERs usb cable myself
    then PIMAX is back soon and working again.

I using PiToolSetup_1.0.1.132_212 and  PiToolSetup_1.0.1.180.Beta drivers on windows10 
    and NOLO HOME Visualizer is working good. same as zyx...

and i will be testing more drivers and i will finally to update firmware my NOLO BASS STATION. it is too strange....
  • Hi, I have the same problem and I have posted the issue on the Pimax Forum there : https://forum.pimaxvr.com/t/pimax-5k-black-display-problem-with-nolo-vr-controllers-and-pitool-v1-0-1-180beta-headset-v2-1-255-212/22712

I have the same symptoms :

Works on NOLO_PC Self-test tool, but the pimax display black inside Pimx.

The Difference is : Nolo used to work before the update of Nolo Home ! can you contact Pimax directly and make the Nolo compatible with the last firware because  its a pain in the a**.

thanks

• @elgeekphoenix Hi, thanks for your message. Have you close the NOLO HOME when you're using Pimax headset??? Please make sure that NOLO HOME and the Pitool cannot work together. 
  • no it still doesnt work , it used to but since noloHome has been updated.....impossible. Anyway, how to know the firmware version of my Nolo VR cv1 ?
  • @elgeekphoenix Ok. If you're using the latest version of NOLO HOME, if you connect NOLO device to your PC by USB cable, then move your cursor to the icon of the device, it will show you the firmware version. 
  • zyxzyx
    edited December 6
    Hi all,
    I would like to give some feedback on this. After not using it for months, I finally decided to upgrade/update everything including NOLO hardware despite the advide of not doing it when you have a PIMAX. It didn't change anything at first as the headset (NOLO headmarker) was still not detected. But I found that there is a very simple workaround. I just unplug the NOLO headset USB cable and replug it and miracle, it can see the headset!
    I have to do that each time I start the computer, but it works!
    I hope it helps.
  • @zyx
    Hi, thanks for sharing your method.  :)
    For everything, if you're using Pimax headset, please make sure that you're using the latest version of Pitool and the latest firmware of NOLO CV1.