Controller angle drift makes games barely playable

Nolo + trinus psvr

Not sure how best to describe it, the position of the controllers always seems fine, but by the end of a song on beatsaber the angle the light saber can be off by as much as 90 degrees in a random direction. Would that be the gyroscope?

I can point the controllers directly ahead and double click the circle button, which resets them, which is fine in slow games, but fast paced game like beat saber and pirate trainer are barely playable.

I've played them one a rift and it didn't have that problem at all. Any ideas?

Comments

• Just been playing with the Nolo visualizer and I see that no matter how much I wave the controllers all over the place, the drift on them only ever seems to be minimla, which I suppose suggests the problem is more likely trinus or steam itself.

Anyone had similar problem?
  • Hi joshtest123, thanks for your message. It's a little bug and will be fixed in the next firmware. 
  • Hi, this doesn't seem like a *little* bug, as I said the drift is very noticeable. Do you have any idea when the new firmware will be out?

Thanks!
  • Hi, thanks for your reply. The new firmware has come out. But at the moment it only compatible with MI VR standalone, Huawei VR2, PICO G2. We will announce it once it is compatible with Trinus. 
  • hi, i'm trying to get it to work with pimax.
    exact same issue, drift makes it unusable..

i updated the fw to 2.0/2.1 on the devices via the old driver.

calibration in game is an absolute pain when you have to point at the base not knowing where it is.

also, the trackpads still don't align with those in steamvr (cant reach the edges...)
  • edited November 2018
    Same here.
    I using oculus go and iPhone with ivry.
    So I have to press system button twice but problem is occur again after some minutes.

And In my case, also I have a problem that contoller is unexpected rotation depending on distance of base station.

Please make solution as soon as possible, Nolo Team!
  • @admin
    is the new firmware compatible with pimax?
    how do i upgrade?
  • @flexo Sorry, the new firmware is not compatible with Pimax at the moment. Could you explain more details about "the trackpads still don't align with those in steamvr"? 
  • @Shawn Thanks for your message. Could you check if there is any reflective object facing the base station or in the room?

• @admin
    it's not possible to reach the forward and side edges of the trackpads.
    this is a serious problem im games like pavlov.
  • @flexo Hi, which version of piplay are you using? Could you take a short video about this issue and send to our support team at support@nolovr.com?
  • I'm using the latest piplay (.85)
  • @flexo Thanks for your explanation. We will improve this function in our next version. 
  • Hi
    I also use the Pimax 4k with Nolo
    I also have the problem that the Contoller
    the axis change in steam VR
    when can I expect an update
    please dear nolo team that would be really great
  • @Bilbo82 Hi, did you update the firmware? If so, then we have to downgrade the firmware for you. Please send us your preferred time slot between 10:00-18:00 UTC+8 Mon-Fri with your Teamviewer ID and password to support@nolovr.com.